Clause 4 (e) of the Trust Deed provides that the Trustees may:
Grant financial assistance to enable students to undergo education in all or any of the fields of agriculture, horticulture and all types and purposes of farming either at or through any educational facilities provided by the Trustees, or, where any particular form of education is not so provided, then at such other educational institution or facility as the Trustees may think fit.
- The L.A. Alexander Agricultural Teaching Scholarship shall have a value of up to $5,000 per annum and be open to graduates who are New Zealand citizens or permanent residents and have completed an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree in agriculture/horticulture or related subjects and wish to proceed to a Diploma in Teaching (Secondary).
- The Scholarship shall be awarded annually by the L.A. Alexander Agricultural College Trust Board. Selection will be made by the Board from a ranked list of applications provided by the Trust’s Scholarships Committee.
- Selection will be based on academic achievement and demonstrated commitment of the candidate to a career in secondary teaching in agriculture/horticulture (in its broadest sense). Preference may be given to candidates who aim to teach in Taranaki.
Closing date for applications is 28th February each year. The Trustees’ decision on the granting of bursaries and scholarships is final. Scholarships can be held in concurrent with others.
How to Apply
Applications can now be completed online. Please ensure you have prepared the following certified supporting documentation submit your online application.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of commendation from your Supervisor with details of the proposed course and funding sources.
- Certified copy of previous courses or subjects including grades and course code number.
- Confirmation from your Educational Institution that you are currently enrolled.
- Details of all Bursaries or Grants received during this current year or to be received in the forthcoming year.