Funding for Taranaki Secondary Schools
Grants to schools may be for the following activities or assets:
- Those assets that have a direct relationship to agricultural or horticultural education
- Those assets that would not normally be funded by the Ministry of Education
- Courses that assist in agricultural or horticultural education
- Teaching resources to aid in agricultural or horticultural education
- Courses that teachers of agriculture or horticulture may attend, to further their knowledge on these subjects
- Supplementary course costs, normally paid by schools, but in horticulture or agriculture, to encourage that choice
Examples of the above that have been granted:
- Garden implements, pruning ladders, overhead projectors
- Greenhouses, glasshouses, water reticulation
- Student horticultural assistants
- Taranaki Agricultural and Horticultural Teacher’s annual In Service day, including reimbursement of the cost of relief teachers
- HATA and other agriculture/horticulture courses
Notwithstanding the examples given, the Trust will support initiatives that in its opinion supports the objectives of the Trust.
All applications are to be sent to the Chair of the Secondary Schools Advisory Committee, which will determine priorities each year for the Trust to consider and allocate Grants.